June 08, 2009

Blurbs



I was turned on to this product by an old girlfriend, and my sister....both great photographers. If it had thier seal of approval, I knew it was a good one.

A blurb is a photo book that you create with a program that you download for free. You just upload your picts, type some text, a few points and clicks and you have a real book. I have seen a lot of photo product books out there, but this one comes more close to commercial grade than anything I have seen.

And the best part...it is super affordable. I just sent in Kaylie's one year book. A total 182 pages, probally around 600 photos and journaling of her first year. It is only going to cost around $50. I couldn't even print all those pictures for that much. Some of the pictures in the book are a full 8x10 print too.

I also made a small book of a vacation. It is much smaller, but it is only going to cost $16. I couldn't even by a nice photo album for that.

And it just got even better. This last week I opened up my computer to find an update to install. Now you can create your own layouts, move image and test boxes and adjust sizes.

I feel like I am Zelda and I just unlocked some new weapon. This blurb thing just got a hundred time better.

It really is worth checking out http://www.blurb.com .

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you've liked it... we love our family blurb books! I didn't know about the new download, so thanks for the tip, I'm excited to have more flexibility!