August 11, 2009

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho....

It was a year ago this week that I worked last.

And, over the course of the last year, several times I have either saw something I wanted to purchase and decided I missed the money; or saw an episode of Grey's and decided I missed the excitement....or atleast the adult conversation. I would go on Monster and apply for positions, then change my mind and decide someone needed to be here to make the maccaroni and impersonate Elmo.

This time I didn't talk myself out of it along the way, and now that I have a parking pass and badge there is no retreat. I am rationalizing it saying that it is good for Kay,.... that a day or two away from me will be good for her....although I am not sure how I am fairing. Mostly I am not sure how to deal with the guilt. I feel so bad when I pick her up, the rest of the day I let her do whatever she pleases.

Tonight she had two packages of tinkerbell fruit snacks for dinner. Pretty sure she is going to bed at when-ever-she -wants 'o clock too.

Tired yet sleepy K?

1 comment:

The Tomlinsons said...

Oh, my thoughts are with you. Hang in there, you always do the right thing.